Sadie Hawkins dance held Saturday

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sadie Hawkins dance held Saturday

Last years Sadies was held at Blackbeard's

Image courtesy of yearbook

Image courtesy of yearbook

Image courtesy of yearbook

Alondra Chavez, Staff Writer

Central’s annual Sadie Hawkins dance will be held this Saturday, October 26 at Woodward Park amphitheater from 7 to 11 p.m. and seek to create the atmosphere of an outdoor music festival with the theme “Central Takes The Stage.” The cost for students to attend is $25 dollars a single and $45 a couple.

Students should be aware that even if they purchase tickets, certain requirements may leave them unable to attend despite spending money on tickets. The school dress code policy will be enforced. Students who do not adhere to this policy will not be allowed in. Student IDs are also required. Students must show their ID at the door. If students are turned away due to a lack of ID or dress code violations, tickets are non-refundable.

Also, there may be repercussions for students who choose to stay on the Woodard Park property after the dance closes. Students must be picked up by 11:15 p.m. or Saturday school will be assigned. Anyone responsible for student transportation from the dance should make sure they are on-site for pick up before the deadline.

A free photo booth will be provided where students can take a photo with their date or friends inside a V.W bus – participating attendees will receive a multiple photo strip. J’s Specialty Ice Cream food truck will be on-site all night if students are interested in purchasing dessert. The dance DJ and decorations will build the outdoor music festival theme on the multi-level Woodward amphitheater with plentiful tiered seating and a centrally located dance floor.

West students can pick up tickets and dance passes in room 67. East students can pick them up during break or lunch at the student store. Students must be cleared of all fines, have a minimum 2.0-grade point average, and have no outstanding Saturday schools to attend.

Contact East activities adviser Ms. Sousa in room 2301 or West adviser Mr. Marschal in rm. 67 for more information.