Fall production “Clue” takes the stage

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fall production “Clue” takes the stage

Main cast of Clue performing on Central's stage.

Sarah Pullen-Harris

Sarah Pullen-Harris

Sarah Pullen-Harris

Chloe Heard, Staff Writer

Central’s theatre program is putting on their first major production of the year, Clue. The director and East theatre teacher, Sarah Pullen-Harris, describes the show in the form of a scenario: “It’s a dark and stormy night, and you’ve been invited to a very unusual dinner party. Each of the guests has an alias, the butler offers a variety of weapons, and the host is, well… dead. So whodunit?”

Clue was originally a board game created in the 1940s by a musician named Anthony Pratt, who had an interest in murder-mystery scenarios, and was published by the Parker Brothers board game company. The game has gained massive popularity, and has not only spawned a film adaptation (1985), but also a musical (1995) and a more recent play (2018). The original characters and murder weapons have been retained throughout each version.

There are seven lead roles in the show, a massive number for this 85 minute one-act. They “are really big characters” as Ava Lucido describes. Tyler Terrell (Wadsworth), David Lowen (Colonel Mustard), Emily Harley (Mrs. White), Ava Lucido (Mrs. Peacock), Laurel Holden (Miss Scarlet), Ustat Manihas (Professor Plum), and Ethan Fierro (Mr. Green) all come together to take the audience on a roller coaster of laughter and mystery. “It’s really funny, yet suspenseful. It’s also very fast paced so it never gets boring,” Emily Harley says.

This is also the first time since Central’s The Sound of Music in 2012 that there is also a performance featuring the understudy cast.

If you want to see Clue, the remaining performances are October 18, and 19 at 7 p.m. with doors opening at 6:30 p.m., and one at 2 p.m. on the 19 featuring the understudy cast, all in the East PAC. Student tickets are $5 and Adult tickets are $10.