“A Christmas Story” play draws packed houses

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo Courtesy of Eunice Bustamante

Photo Courtesy of Eunice Bustamante

Photo Courtesy of Eunice Bustamante

Anthony Kramer Robertson, Staff Writer

Last week Central High School’s Theater department performed holiday favorite “A Christmas Story” over the past week and a half. The troupe performed for packed houses and featured a matinee for elementary students in the Central district.

“A Christmas Story” has been a classic holiday film since its release in 1983, and the memorable scenes from the film have been a staple of holiday tropes and traditions even today. Theater arts teacher Sarah Pullen commented on this, saying, “I think we did a pretty good job of paying tribute to the movie that’s central to so many people’s Christmas seasons.” She added, “Nothing was left out of this production- our audience was laughing from beginning to end.”

Chloe Heard, who starred as Ms. Shields in the play, commented on her fellow actors stating, “I am so proud of how far they’ve all come. I’ve had a blast with working on this show. It’s got me into the holiday spirit a lot earlier.”

Students working the stage also had a lot of work to do in order to prepare for this play. Costume manager Lily Altamirano explained, “We put so much time into this show. I’ve been staying until 9:00 pm every day since November 14 in preparation for it.”

If you missed this production, another is coming up in February, so be on the lookout for the next Central production.