Upcoming Holiday Events

Back to Article
Back to Article

Upcoming Holiday Events

Christmas Tree Lane decorations should not be missed.

Photo by JT Dwiggins

Photo by JT Dwiggins

Photo by JT Dwiggins

Diana Gonzalez, Staff Writer

Break is approaching for Central students and many are looking for a way to spend their time. There are a number of family-friendly holiday events happening in Fresno throughout December, offering individuals of all ages a chance to get out and celebrate as a community.

Christmas Tree Lane

This seasonal tradition features a one-way street filled with homes elaborately decorated for everyone to see. The Lane is open to the public Sunday through Thursday from 6 p.m.- 10 p.m. Later hours are offered Friday through Saturday from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. The tour closes at 10 p.m. on Christmas day.  Visitors should begin driving down Van Ness Ave at Shields to Shaw Ave.

Christmas in Concert

This event offers performances from Keysha, Tiffany Binion Mangum, Jared Elston, Yolanda Gibbons, Cornell Archie, Lorraine Christensian, Leah Marie, and Limuel Forgey. This Saturday, December 15 from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. General admission is $10 and for a reserved seat it’s $20 (limited tickets for reserved seats). It’s located on 378 W Fallbrook Ave, Fresno, California 93711.

Zoo Lights 

Throughout December the Chaffee Zoo will be transformed into a winter wonderland filled with lights, music, and live entertainment. For this holiday event, the dates are through December 14-23 and 26-30 from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. Tickets are available at $9 for adult, $7 for children ages from 2-11. If you’re a member, tickets are $2 less than the original price. Children 1 and under are free. Free pictures may be taken with Santa on all dates with the exception of December 26 through 30. The Chaffee Zoo is located on 894 W. Belmont Ave, Fresno CA, 93728.

Christmas at Kearney

At this event features historical public tours of Christmas past of the Kearney Mansion Museum from December 22 through the 23, and resumes again from December 29 – 30. Tours begin at 1 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m. Tickets for adults are $10, seniors and students are $8, and children are $6 (if you’re a member, children are free). It’s located on 7160 W. Kearney Blvd Fresno, CA, 93706.

All of these events are going to be a way to enjoy new things throughout December, but what’s most important to remember about the holidays is to spend it with the people who love you the most and who you love the most. Happy Holidays!