Sadie Hawkins Dance 2018

Students attended Sadies in the school gym last year and are looking forward to the new Blackbeard's venue.

Photo By Brian Reynoso

Photo By Brian Reynoso

Liliana Altamirano, Staff Writer

Central’s Sadie Hawkins dance will take place on October 20th from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Blackbeard’s located on Ashlan and Chestnut avenue. The theme is “Sadie’s Spooktacular: A Night to Dismember.” The theme invites students to dress up in their spookiest Halloween costumes, but there are limits to what is allowed.

The dress code for Sadie’s will follow the Central Unified high school guidelines. Fortunately, wearing jerseys and the color red are being passed. Students are even able to wear special effects blood if it corresponds with their outfit. If these additional dress code limits are violated, students will not be admitted into Sadie’s.

Tickets may be purchased at both the East and West finance offices during break or lunch only. Ticket prices are $45 for a couple and $30 for a single. Students who show their ASB sticker at the time of purchase will receive a $5 discount. A photo form will be attached to each ticket if couples or groups would like to purchase professional photos that will be taken at Blackbeard’s by a Larson Brothers Photographer.

Students who would like to bring a date or guest who does not attend Central, must pick up a guest pass from the student store. The pass must be signed by their guest’s high school principal, then turned into to the Central student’s university office for approval. Guests 21 and older are not allowed.

The ticket includes entry into the dance and unlimited access to all attractions except the waterslide due to it being out of season. The park offers attractions like go-kart race tracks, miniature golf courses, laser tag matches, video arcade games and more. Of course a D.J. and dance floor will be located near the front entrance. Food is not included in the ticket price, but students may purchase drinks and food on location. The snack bar menu offers casual faire like burgers, hot dogs, pizza, Frito boats and nachos. Picnic areas are available for snacking and relaxing.

For more information see the Blackbeard’s website or contact East Activities Adviser Shawna Sousa.