All you need to know about Graduation

Back to Article
Back to Article

All you need to know about Graduation

Photo by Taylor Davidson

Photo by Taylor Davidson

Photo by Taylor Davidson

Sabreen Atwal, Staff Editor

Graduation from Central High School will be held on June 7th 2018 at the Save Mart Center at 7:00 pm. The arrival time for seniors is at 5:00 p.m. and the doors open at 5:30 p.m. for family and friends.

Graduation rehearsal is on June 7th 2018 at the Save Mart Center at 8:00 a.m. but valedictorians, CSF members, leadership, choir and readers should arrive by 7:30 a.m. It is recommended that students wear the shoes they will be walking in at graduation during rehearsal. Seniors should be remember that they may be standing for extended periods of time, as well as walking up and down stairs. Shoes that are difficult to walk or balance in are not advisable.

Valedictorians, CSF members, leadership, choir, and readers will be the first walkers during graduation. For the rest of the graduating seniors, the order will be determined by the time you arrive at rehearsal, first come first serve.

The dress code for graduation is formal attire and Central High dress code will also still be intact. The only exceptions from the Central High dress code are that halter tops or spaghetti strap dresses are allowed. The following items may not be worn: jeans, shorts, tennis shoes, flip-flops or combat boots. Also, cap and gowns may not be decorated or altered in any way. If these rules are not followed, you will be not allowed to participate in graduation.

There will be a parking fee once you arrive at 5 p.m.; the price will be listed as the graduation date gets closer.

When you arrive at the Save Mart Center, you will also be searched. These following items are not allowed: cell phones, bags, food, drinks, tobacco, alcohol and any other  substance prohibited by Central Unified school policy or items that may detract from the ceremony.