Year-round local events you shouldn’t miss

Fresno+Vineyard++Farmers+Market+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Fresno Vineyard  Farmers Market

Fresno Vineyard Farmers Market

Photo By Emily Keomany

Fresno Vineyard Farmers Market

Photo By Emily Keomany

Photo By Emily Keomany

Fresno Vineyard Farmers Market

Emily Keomany, Staff Writer

There are a number of weekly, year-round Fresno and Clovis events that offer up something a bit different than what we’re used to, as well as a chance to take advantage of the great weather we’re having. These events are all appropriate for a family trip, a daytime adventure with friends or even a date. Many of these venues include food trucks, fresh produce, shopping, great deals and even music.

On top of enjoying your day, you will be supporting local businesses and your community. If we spend money at chains or national businesses, that money leaves our town. If we patronize local businesses, it helps to support local families and create jobs in our community in the long run. Here a few of the regular venues that feature local farmers, craft makers, retailers, restaurateurs and other business owners every week.

Cherry Auction: Every Saturday and Tuesday from 6:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. you can enjoy great deals and bargain shopping. There are over hundreds of vendors to choose from to fit your needs. The Cherry auction is perfect for a day out with your family and there is plenty to do for the little ones such as pony rides. Also containing an arcade, bounce house, and fair-style food.

Big Fresno Fair Swap Meet:  This large, diverse gathering of independent retailers happens three times a week on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 6 a.m – 2 p.m. Admission on Thursdays and Saturdays are free but on $1.25 on Sundays. With over 600 vendors containing various different products and foods, it’s a place you can’t beat. 

Vineyard Farmers Market:  Rain or shine year-round,  farmers bring their produce to this market on Wednesday’s from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday’s from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. Fine quality, locally grown foods will be sold directly to you from the growers themselves. Many of the vendors have been trusted partners for decades and are ensured by the organization that the products live up to their words. The market also accepts EBT and will do a price match and if you spend $10, they will give $10 back for you to buy more items from the farmer’s market.

River Park Farmers Market: Every Tuesday from 5 p.m.- 9 p.m. in a very popular area with lots of other shops and restaurants around. Also, there are $5 movies at the theaters on Tuesday leaving plenty of activities to do other than the farmers market. Handmade products, fresh fruits & vegetables, along with food trucks are just the start of what’s going to be at the River Park farmers market.

Enzo’s Table: Food trucks on food trucks at Enzo’s table in Clovis from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on the weekends. Some food trucks could possibly open later or earlier than others depending on the owners. There are many authentic cuisines offered from various regions from Latin American to Asian.

Gazebo Gardens: From 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.on Fridays and Saturdays, you can enjoy many food trucks and pop up shops. Local bands and singers perform at every event. The food trucks and music vary every time and you could refer to the website for more information on it.