Donald Trump vs Donald Trump

Did you vote for a dummy ?

President+elect+Donald+Trump+has+contradicted+himself+throughout+his+campaign.+Photo+curtsy+of+Gage+Skidmore+via+Flicker.+
President elect Donald Trump has contradicted himself throughout his campaign. Photo curtsy of Gage Skidmore via Flicker.

Camila Rivera, staff writer

Throughout the course of Donald Trump’s road to the White House, we have been able to meet his alternate personality on Twitter and in rallies, soon when he often shames women, Muslims and so many more, so many in fact that I cannot name because this article would never end. We have also seen the Donald Trump that says he cares for every single American life and will do anything to make our country great again but, how do we know if this is the true Trump? Which did America elect as president? Is it the uncensored, sexist, and above all racist Trump or is it the Trump that is well informed and politically astute about the topics he speaks of. So who is the Donald Trump that many people voted for?

Donald Trump is a very wealthy business man which gives him all the reasons in the world to run for president even if all of his past scandals are resurfacing, but hey the past is in the past now. Donald Trump has been constantly bolstering the media with more scandals concerning Muslims in America, gay marriage, and women. Trump has implemented a ban on Muslims from entering the county this summer, but has now changed his mind. In December of 2015 a rally a few days after the San Bernardino shooting told thousands of supports “Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population.” However he has also suggested in the second debate he might not stop with just the ban of Muslims entering America, he said, “We have to be sure that Muslims come in and report when they see something going on.” Yes, Trump  we should specifically single out Muslim Americans and make them report suspicious acts even though it is the responsibility of all American citizen to report suspicious acts. Later that night after the debate Muslim Americans decided to take it to Twitter and created the hashtag #Muslimsreportstuff. It was Muslim Americans retaliation to Donald Trump’s implication that Muslim people are aware of the planned Islamic terrorist attacks but are not saying anything. Donald Trump has bashed Muslim who wants to come into our country and also Muslim Americans, Trump has criticized the parents of fallen Army officer that happened to be Muslim, Trump commented about the grieving mother’s lack of words at the Democratic National Convention saying “If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me,” in an interview with ABC News in July. He was implying that the soldier’s mother had not spoken because most women in traditional Islam are expected to be submissive. The day after Ghazala Khan, the mother of the Muslim army officer, explained in an op-ed from the Washington Post that, “Walking onto the convention stage, with a huge picture of my son behind me, I could hardly control myself. What mother could?” she expressed her grief and explained why she could not speak. Afterwards we again see Trump flip personalities and contradict himself, while addressing a high school he was asked a question concerning Muslims, and he simply said “I love Muslims. I think they are great people.” So now he believes that Muslims are great people but also believes they pose a threat to our country?

Donald Trump has also made it quite unclear about his position on opposing gay marriage. Then continuously been confuses the public with contradicting previous comments about the LGBT community. On CBN’s “The Brody File” Trump said in a few words that perplexed audiences on his position of gay marriage. “There must be no discrimination against gays. I’m just against gay marriage.” So what about the gay people who want get married Donald Trump? Who can say there must be equality for all, but is against LGBT people being married?

Donald Trump has also countless contradicting statements about women too. On August on CNN’s “State of Union” Donald Trump said, “I cherish women. I want to help women. I’m going to do things for women that no other candidate will be able to do.” Again Trump goes on to violate, judge, insult, and make women, feel as if they are worthless. Later in the 90’s, Trump made it clear how much he desires women and now many victims are coming out and sharing their stories of how Donald Trump sexualized them .In other cases he has had public feuds with women like journalist Meygn Kelly who he has wrote 117 tweets about, making a menstrual joke saying “you could see blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her whatever” and former Miss Universe Alicia Machado, calling her “Miss Piggy” after she has gained some weight. In 1996 he publicly forced her to lose weight which left her traumatized with anorexia and bulimia. Donald Trump has all too often commented on women’s appearances, calling them unattractive, fat and other derogatory names but then he goes on stage and spouts his appreciation for women and he wants equality?

When thinking of Donald Trump, with his countless controversies throughout his life, we have to ask which Trump has America voted for.The unfitted Trump who goes off on rants either on Twitter or during rallies about women, Muslims, and the LGBT communities. Maybe it’s the caring, compassionate man, he claims to be, who wants to make America great again with every individual hand and hand. Well if it is not obvious enough, I believe we know who the real Trump is a racist and sexist, who is also our elected president.