Kylie Cosmetic Kyshadow

The Bronze Palette

Kylie Cosmetics Kyshadow Bronze Palette was released in July

Hannah Howe, Staff Writer

Kylie Jenner, the youngest of the famous Kardashian-Jenner family, created a cosmetic line in November of 2015. First, she began releasing her lip kits online, and with millions of people eager to buy the kits, her site crashed but once back up that initial line sold out in three seconds. Now, she’s expanded her cosmetic line with eyeshadow, called Kyshadow. Kylie’s first palette is The Bronze Palette, which includes nine powdered shades that create your favorite bronzy look, it’s currently retailing for $42 online. While Kylie being the “it” girl, a lot of people are following her trends, and her makeup line is a big part of that, but is it worth the hype surrounding the line?

Jenner released her eye palette on July 26th at 3pm PST, and it sold out in less than two minutes. She immediately reassured customers that she would be restocking the palette. Jenner created the palette because she’s been obsessed with neutral colors because the colors make her eyes pop; and she says it’s the perfect palette for everyday wear. Her eye makeup looks have been trending worldwide with people wondering how she gets the beautiful bronzy looks. Now,  we’ve finally got the answer to our beauty prayers. The shadows are highly pigmented with strong colors that have a creamy texture and perfectly stay on all day and night.

Famed makeup artists like Jeffree Star, MannyMUA, and Jaclyn Hill on YouTube, always give us future cosmetic inspirations to practice beautiful makeup looks and, created a loyal following based on reliable reviews, saying this palette passes the test. The packaging is chic with a graphic of Kylie’s eyes on the front and the eye shadows names on the back which are named after her favorite crystals like Hematite and Bronzite. Sadly, there is no mirror in the palette which is essential for a palette when you’re on the go, and the shadows are held in a cardboard package, that some people described as cheap, but it doesn’t distract from the overall look and can help prevent the shadows breaking if the palette drops. The palette contains two shimmer shades, a beige and a gold that give off a very subtle shine. So if you’re going for a dramatic eye look, those two shades won’t do the job. The application of the shadows is fairly similar to any other eyeshadow, high end or drugstore bought. They blend exquisitely well together and look beautiful on the eyes. As an owner of the palette, I believe it’s a perfect everyday palette to use and wear.

The only problem I had with Kylie Cosmetics was a shipping error with the lips kits I ordered in the past. On the email conformation, it says to look for a shipping conformation within 3-5 days and I never got it, then I contacted customer service about the situation and they immediately shipped my product and it came in two days! They handled the situation very well and I did not have any problems getting this palette. I look forward to purchasing more from Kylie Cosmetics because this is good quality makeup, coming from a TV personality I was very skeptical thinking she just wanted my money but I was way wrong and I’m so impressed with how amazing her products are!

Overall, this palette is a good product, and it has exceeded all my expectations for a prominent best selling palette. Kylie has done it again!